Link Aadhaar Number to PAN Card is very simple and the government has provided various ways to do so. The last date for linking PAN to Aadhaar Card is 31 March 2021.
It has become mandatory to link Aadhaar with PAN because:
- If your Aadhaar is not linked with PAN, then your income tax return will not be processed.
- If you have to do a banking transaction above Rs 50,000, then you have to link your PAN and Aadhaar.
Linking PAN with Aadhaar
1. Online ( Through the e-filing Website)
People can get their PAN and Aadhar linked online by following the steps mentioned below:
Step 1. Visit the Income Tax e-Filing website and click on the ‘Link Aadhaar’ option under the quick links.
Step 2. Enter your PAN and Aadhaar number
Step 3. Enter the name as mentioned in your Aadhaar card
Step 4. In case, if only the date of birth is mentioned on your Aadhaar card and you have to tick the square
Step 5. Tick mark ‘I agree to validate my Aadhaar details with UIDAI’
Step 6. Now, enter the ‘Captcha Code’ mentioned in the image for the verification
Step 7. You need to click on the ‘Link Aadhaar’ button
Step 8. A pop-up message will appear showing your successfully linked Aadhaar with PAN Card
Also Read: Different Types of Company Registration
2. by sending an SMS
Now you can also link your Aadhaar and PAN through SMS. The Income Tax Department has urged taxpayers to link their Aadhaar with their PAN using an SMS-based facility.
- You have to type a message in the format UIDPAN<12 Digit Aadhaar> <10 Digit PAN>
- Send the message in the above-mentioned format to either 567678 or 56161 from your registered mobile number
PAN Card Correction Online or Offline (Step by Step)
In some cases, the details mentioned in your Aadhar card may be incorrect. If there are spelling mistakes in your name, then your PAN will not be linked with Aadhaar. It is important that these details are corrected immediately.
You can make changes at the nearby Aadhaar Enrollment Center or through the NSDL PAN portal. If there are errors, you can fix it by following these steps:
1. Visiting the nearest Aadhaar Enrollment Center:
- Download the correction form from the UIDAI website.
- Navigate to Resources> Enrollment Documents> Download Form.
- Download the Aadhaar correction form.
- Fill the required details which have to be updated.
- For every change you need to make, you will have to attach the necessary supporting documents.
- The updated form with the attached documents has to be sent to the Aadhaar Enrollment Center nearby.
2. Through NSDL PAN portal:
- Visit the NSDL website page where you can apply for the correction of your name.
- Submit signed digital documents to update your PAN details.
- Whether your details are correct in your PAN and confirmed by NSDL on a mail, you can link your PAN to Aadhaar.
Steps to check PAN-Aadhaar link status
Step 1: Visit the e-Filing Income Tax Department page i.e.
Step 2. Enter your PAN Number
Step 3. Enter your Aadhaar Number
Step 4. Now, click on the ‘View Link Aadhaar Status’ button
Step 5. You Aadhaar-PAN link status will appear on your screen